Friday, August 8, 2008

My Project - emerging


I went around Auckland today, between the showers of rain, to take a few photos. I wanted to start exploring what I might do as my project. With the idea of memories in mind and the story of the mark on a wall by Calvino, I at first tried to capture images with memories inherent in them.








THEN I abandoned it because I realised that I was starting to take pictures that interested me.


It was then that I realised what I wanted to do. Much like the Berlin book cited earlier, I'm interested in the patterns in the city. These patterns can be static or momentary, repetitive or recurring. I'm going to explore this idea further and see what I can do with it.

ONE idea is to draw the patterns out of the city or instigate pattern making (eg. looking at the patterns of pedestrians and altering them.)

No comments: